Get prepared for the career world!
This career prep course is designed specifically for young women ages 17-22 who are looking for guidance in starting their careers and/or landing that all important internship. You’ll learn:
- the most important thing you need to do to determine if a career is a good fit for you.
- How to find (and land) your dream job
- What steps to take to move up the career ladder and into leadership positions
- Session 1 Which Career? How do you know this career/job is the best for you and your personality?
- Session 2 & 3 What does it take? Have you done your research and know what the job takes and what it makes? Find out the key factors that are most important and get the opportunity to talk with someone who has the job now.
- Sessions 4 & 5 How do you find the job? Learn the skills from networking to using social media to help you not only find the job but with the right company. Leave with a resume that is sure to stand out.
- Sessions 6 Interview Prep from what to wear to how to answer interview questions and follow up best practices.
- Session 7 Mock Interviews practice makes perfect! If not this day, we work to match you up with an interview that could lead to a job shadow experience or even an internship.
- Session 8 Wrap up, Awards & Panel Discussion on success strategies for long term career success and moving up to leadership positions.
- What the heck is FICA? You think you know how much you’re going to bring home in your first paycheck only to be surprised with all these deductions. What are they? Do I have to have them?
- What are your social media accounts telling a prospective employer? See how to clean up your accounts as well as how to create an eye catch contact card for networking.
- Panel Discussion on success strategies for long term career success and moving up to leadership positions.
- You must be able to attend ALL required sessions.
- Be between the ages of 17-22 years old.
- Complete the application process
Now Accepting Applications
Deadline – June 1, 2021