Get prepared for the career world!
This is an interactive, hands-on virtual career prep course is designed specifically for young women ages 17-22 who are looking for guidance in starting their careers and/or landing that all important internship.
- Everything you need to know to finding (and landing) your next job, internship, and dream career
- The most important thing you need to do to determine if a career is a good fit for you.
- What steps to take to move up the career ladder and into leadership positions.
- chance to be awarded a $500 cash prize
- a completed standout resume & LinkedIn profile
- an in person Job Shadow experience
- March 4th (12pm – 2:30pm CST) Finding My Dream Job Not sure what you want to do? Wondering if you’re a good fit for your dream job? What do you REALLY know about your dream job? Do a deep dive into your career choice to determine what you know about the job matches what others are saying about it. Where do you go to find and apply for jobs? You’ll even get a chance to interview a woman who has the career you want.
- March 25th (12pm – 2:30pm CST) Landing the all important interview What 3 things do you need to land the interview? We’ll help you create a killer resume and LinkedIn profile. Then we’ll discuss how networking creates the necessary connections. You’ll receive one-on-one help in perfecting your resume & profile.
- April 1st (12pm – 2pm CST) Setting Yourself Up for Success How do you position yourself for promotions? How should you approach negotiating your salary?
- April 15th (12pm – 2pm CST) Leadership Style and Branding How do you present yourself to others and how do you lead them? Find out what your own particular style is.
- April 29th (12pm – 2pm CST) Prepare Yourself: What to expect during an interview and how to follow up. What kind of questions to expect, what kind of questions to ask. How to handle unexpected questions, doing your homework on the company and follow up. Researching the company. How do you determine what company you want to work for?
- May 6th (12pm – 2:30pm CST) Mock Interviews & Job Shadow Prep Put your skills to the test in a mock interview and prepare for your job shadow experience.
- Between May 8th and June 16th > ‘Day in the Life’ Job Shadow experience will be schedule and occur. Spend the day shadowing a woman at her job so you can observe what it’s really like to have that career.
- June 17th (12pm – 2:30pm CST) That’s a Wrap! We all debrief our job shadow experience. Then hear from experts on how to navigate your way in college, internships and the workforce and find out if you won the cash prize!
- You must be able to attend ALL sessions.
- Be between the ages of 17-22 years old.
- Complete the application process
Now Accepting Applications
- Deadline – Wednesday March 1st, 2023