Nerdy Girl Success, Inc. and the LeadHERship magazine are about:
- celebrating women who are blazing a trail for all of us whether they are our fore mothers, current peers or the future leaders.
- shining a light on the unconscious biases that we have and examining them so we can understand and change.
- finding humor and common ground as these are necessary for creating bonds with one another, feeling connected and invested.
We are looking for original content in the form of
- discussion proving articles that are well researched and connections between one’s personal experience and larger social issues.
- Interviews with women making an impact on their community.
- Reviews of books, movies, podcasts and music that are women centered are welcome.
- Photographs and illustrations that embody the issues theme.
Features are 2,000 to 2,500 words.
- Essay or Article
- Personal Perspective
Reviews are 1, 000 to 1,500 words.
- Movies, books, music or podcasts that focus on women and women’s issues
Issue themes are idea starters rather than the four corners to stay within. We have listed below some key words and prompts that may assist you in any idea creation. There is no need to be literal in your thought process for your pitch. If you’ve got an idea that you think works for our magazine but you feel doesn’t necessarily fit the theme, please feel free to submit it anyway.
Pitch submitting dates for the Winter Issue are from 10/1/18 – 1/15/19
Winter 2019, Issue 1: Firsts
This being our inaugural issue, we thought it would be appropriate to have Firsts as our theme.
Here are some thoughts and idea prompts:
- Trailblazing women: the women who dared to buck the societal norms of their time and pursue their dreams. These can be well known trailblazers or the not so well known. A preference is shown to those that most of society doesn’t know about.
- The firsts: first generation, first ladies, first woman to ______.
- The messages about firsts vs the reality.
KEY WORDS: impressions, historical, confidence, expectations, pioneer, unrealistic recollections, fear, peer pressure, milestones, memories
You can check out the Pinterest Mood Board
- If you’re looking for LeadHERship to review your book, music, podcast, film we encourage you to be familiar with our organization. If you have something you think matches with our mission and would like us to review, please reach out to us
- Currently, we are working on a volunteer basis. No one is paid for their work on the magazine. 100% of any subscriptions goes directly to funding the work we do with teen girls.