Unfortunately, at the end of the replay, we had an audio issue with the recording so you cannot hear Chidinma’s questions for Krista. Below are the list of questions in the order asked.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice will you give to your younger self?
- Are there any misconceptions/assumptions about women you will like to change, how do you advice we combat them and communicate more effectively?
- How do you motivate yourself and stay motivated?
- I think a lot of people fear failure including myself because it never feels good. I have heard various sayings such as fail forward, fail fast and fail often because these ignite continual learning and growth. Talk about one of your biggest failures, lessons learned and how it made you a better person today.
- I always like to ask this question, are there any resources, whether podcasts, books, blogs etc you will like to recommend to the audience for those who want to dive deeper, broaden their knowledge and better themselves?
- How have you gotten in your own way and how did you overcome it (or are overcoming it)
- How should we stop unfair treatment of blacks in the workplace?
- How do you deal with people that always underestimate you, and don’t give you the chance to prove they’re wrong?
- How did rereading your diary help you to put things into perspective now?
And here is the list of books that Krista referred to at the end:
- The Magic of Thinking Big – by David Schwartz – It is old, but I read this every year – great for self-confidence!
- The Secret (also on Netflix) – by Rhonda Byrne
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad – by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Power of Positive Thinking – by Norman Vincent Peele
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – by Dale Carnegie
- Anything by Tony Robbins
Krista Satterthwaite is the Vice President and General Manager, Synergy and OneView for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Hybrid IT Group.
In this role, Krista has global operational P&L responsibilities for a multi-billion dollar business at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise. Krista is responsible for the development of the business strategy, Go-To-Market execution and resource allocation.
Krista has over 20 years of industry experience in product management, marketing, marketing research and sales in the technology and consumer goods industries. She has held numerous positions, including the first product manager on blade servers responsible for defining and managing World’s Best-Selling Server Blade. Krista also drove a transition in an HPE start-up business from a ‘product’ GTM to a ‘solution’ GTM team and launched solutions to fit customer needs.
Krista began her career at HPE in 1997. Krista holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Illinois in Chicago and a Master of Business Administration from University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign.